Alice: Why don't you go back to him and we can all be happy again.
Anna: And then would Dan go back to you?
Alice: Maybe.
Anna: Ask him.
Alice: I'm not a beggar.
Anna: Dan left you, I didn't force him to go.
Alice: You made yourself available, don't weasel out of it.
Beat.
Anna: Fucking Larry was a big mistake.
Alice: Yeah, well, everyone fucks Larry around here.
Anna: You're Dan's little girl, he won't like it.
Alice: So don't tell him, I think you owe me that.
Anna looks away.
Alice: You even look beautiful when you cry. The perfect woman.
Anna: JUST FUCKING STOP IT.
Alice: Now we're talking.
Anna: Why now, why come for me now?
Alice: Because I felt strong enough. It's taken me five months to convince myself you're not better than me.
Anna: It's not a competition.
Alice: Yes it is.
Anna: I don't want a fight.
Alice: So give in.
Beat.
Why did you do this?
Anna (though): I fell in love with him, Alice.
Alice (laughing): That's the most stupid expression in the world. "I fell in love". As if you had no choice. There's a moment, there's always a moment; I can do this, I can give in to this or I can resist it. I don't know when your moment was but I bet there was one.
Anna: Yes, there was.
Alice: You didn't fall in love, you gave in to temptation. Don't lie to me.
Anna: You fell in love with him too.
Alice: No, I chose him. I looked in his briefcase and I found this.. sandwich.. and I thought, I will give all my love to this stupid, boring, charming man who cuts off his crusts. I didn't fall in love, I chose to.
(...)
Anna: I am sorry. I had a choice and I chose to be selfish. I'm sorry.
Alice: Everyone's selfish. I stole Dan from.. what was her name?
Anna: Ruth.
Alice: Is that the ugliest name in the world or what?
Anna: It's a nice name.
Alice: She went to pieces when he left her.
Anna: Did she ever come and see you?
Alice: No, she was a faxer not a fighter.
Pause.
Anna: I stole from you. I didn't want to hurt you.
Alice: Whatever.
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)

Best expression ever: WHATEVER.
ResponderExcluirAinda bem que estás de volta.
Eu sei e também não gosto do fácil pq tudo o q me fez crescer foi sempre complicado, longo e difícil mas com frutos amadurecidos.
ResponderExcluirwhatever
ResponderExcluirTu aqueces-me o espírito.
ResponderExcluirJá tinha saudades.
Que bom teres voltado, Joana.
ResponderExcluirBeijinho *
Um dos melhores filmes de todos os tempos!
ResponderExcluir